Sunday 11 October 2009

Up and Away....



UP
Went with The Girls to See Up at the cinema this weekend. Had been meaning to see it simply because I love all the Pixar Animations that have been produced since 1984 ( Can you believe its been 25 years ?). What Jogged us to go though, was a Review in the Guardian newspaper which was very accurate and most interesting. The FIlm has two major characters, and old man and a young boy, the old man feels he has lived his life, having spent a large part of it with the Wife he adores. SHe sadly dies before him and he feels saddened by the thought that there was still one major thing they never did ...visit Paradise Falls, well I wont tell you the whole story but it does have some really touching moments for anyone who has been lucky enough to find their ideal partner to share their trials and tribulations, highs and lows with for a large part of their lives. I have and I am ever more thankful for that blessing.




AWAY


The Revd Peter Lock, Archdeacon of the Cathedral Had his last Eucharist today before retiring from the Cathedral. It was a particularly fine service as the Full Choir , many former Deans and Bishop Michael Turnbull were present along with a visiting Orchestra, who happened to be there !
It made me think when I found out that Pete Lock started his ministry in 1968, the year I was born, I hope he finds time in his retirement to put it all down on paper as the little taster which was in this months Link newspaper was fascinating. I hope he enjoys good health, after his recent dicky ticker, and enjoys all that Faversham has to offer ( namely A fine Glass of Shepherd Neame Beer !)

No comments:

Post a Comment