Sunday 26 December 2010

My Year at the Cathedral.


Whilst I sit here taking a 5 minute break on Boxing Day Evening, I sit thinking about the hustle and bustle of the last months.....

When I was in the Cathedral I thought about all that has happened recently that I have been involved in, all the fun things that Sunday Club got up to,Filming Annie's Wedding, Rebecca being Confirmed and Pip Being Baptised, both great days, Installing a new Sound Desk, CCTV cameras and woodwork ( twice !) into the Cathedral, the way that Planning the Big Screen Coverage of Bishop James' Enthronement took over my life for 2 1/2 months, the Showing of the Alternative Nativity to the Public at the Crib Service on Christmas Eve, slightly unsure of the response we would get ( It was all positive !) and many other great times I have had there.
There have been quiet times too, times when I have nipped in quickly to have 5 minutes of quiet lr see what goes on, to light a candle and reflect on what being part of the cathedral community means to me.

I think it means all things and everything and I am grateful for that !

No comments:

Post a Comment