Tuesday 15 December 2009

Time to Give...of Yourself?

I was waiting in Reception at work the other evening before going into the Rain to record a story for the telly. There is a lovely old lady who has been there years and who used to sell the London Evening Paper just inside our reception,but now that it is free I asked her what she would do, and she replied she probably wouldnt be around after Christmas.
I then asked what her plans were for Christmas Itself and she said she had a neighbour she might visit, but that she didnt want to impose on anyone....
Well, I bought a few extra bits when shopping with Rebecca and we made her up a little food hamper of goodies, I hope that goes a little way to showing her there are those who think of her and who want her to feel included in some way at this special time of the year.
There are going to be those who are with large family gatherings at Christmas, but let us not forget those who will be alone or sad and perhaps we can all find 10 minutes to give ...of ourselves.
As I left her at work today I was walking on air feeling so positive in the spirit of the season.
And she knew that there are others thinking of her........

No comments:

Post a Comment